Tiny Code

Tiny Code

Sunday, December 2, 2007

OpenID

A new post on the Blogger in Draft blog indicates that Blogger, the service this blog and many others depend upon, may soon support OpenID for identity verification for posting.

I've been following discussions about OpenID, including one on the excellent Security Now! podcast and have been anxious to give it a try. It appears Blogger may afford my first real opportunity so I've signed up for a free account at Verisign Labs' PIP web site. There are a number of other free OpenID providers. I chose Verisign primarily because of their long history. I'd hate to commit to a provider only to have it fold because they couldn't find a way to monetize the service.

You may want to sign up for an account so you can get an URL you can remember. The URLs associated with your OpenID identity must be unique so there's benefit to having one which has your favorite user name embedded.

No comments: